If you was one of the user that have accidentally installed the Windows XP SP3 system, and having this continuously reboot, you have come to the right place!
Mostly that encountered this reboot problem is the AMD-based computer with OEM images and primarily HP desktop. For those that haven't install the Windows XP SP3 system, you need to double check you computer base is AMD type or not (Most of the HP computer with a serial of part number that ended up with a 'z' is classified as an AMD-based computer).
For those that already installed, don't be panics. How can you identify the problem? Easy, if you see a stop error code of 0x0000007e, then you discovered the main problem.
Here is the step to get rid off the error code of 0x0000007e:
1. Hit the F8 key at the restart stage, right when you see the black Windows XP screen come up.
2. Next, select the "Disable automatic restart on system failure" option.
There are three kinds of options, whether:
• When you chose to boot into the recovery console option, from a command prompt, run the "disable intelppm".
• When you chose to boot into safe mode option, then you can run the "sc config intelppm start= disabled" function.
• When you chose to boot into WinPE option, you need to edit the registry manually.
This is the step for editing the WinPE manually:
1. Firstly, run the regedit.
2. After it, try to click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE".
3. Then, search the File menu, and select "Load hive".
4. Is time to navigate to the "%systemdriver%WindowsSystem32Config" on the dead system, don't even forget to select the file name System.
5. Now, you can name it something you can easily remember, such as "horked".
6. OK, you need to navigate to "horked
7. Please double click the "Start value" and set it to '4' as well.
8. If you had did what I did and completely destroyed things by running a disk check, then you got to navigate to "
9. You have to open the BootExecute value, and manually clear out the autochk entries.
10. Finally, reboot the system.
I think you can now reboot your computer. Everything will just be fined.